6 Top Moments From J-Lo’s Somos Live! Benefit Concert
October 16, 2017
Photographer: Frank Micelotta/AP
For the first time in Spanish-language television history, rival networks Univision and Telemundo--as well as NBC--joined forces to simultaneously air Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony’s Somos Live! benefit show for Puerto Rico. Here are some of the best moments from Saturday's telethon concert:
- Bad Bunny, known for his wildly eccentric wardrobe, made a political statement by wearing a shirt that read, “Tu Eres Twitero O Presidente?” The question literally translates to “Are you a Twitterer or President?”
- Bruno Mars, who has Puerto Rican roots, performed “Just The Way You Are” in Spanish for the first time.
- Kany Garcia and Pedro Capo executed a joint rendition of “Mi Dueña,” which served as a reminder that Puerto Ricans are also U.S. citizens.
- DJ Khaled took the stage with hip-hop stars Fat Joe, Busta Rhymes, T.I., and Mac Miller.
- Andra Day offered a rousing performance of her Grammy-nominated single “Rise Up.”
- Marc Anthony closed things out with a powerful performance of “Preciosa,” an ode to his native Puerto Rico.